As an Oceania Equity PCM you will be responsible for managing operations and driving growth in one of our businesses through the execution of strategic initiatives. You will serve as the point of contact between the staff employed within the business and the Oceania Equity Special Projects team that assist in carrying out strategic initiatives to capitalise on growth opportunities. We work with ambitious individuals that possess several key attributes such as leadership, resilience and adaptability. This allow us to develop applicants into successful small business entrepreneurs. Once fully trained, these professionals are incentivised to perform with an uncapped profit share remuneration structure.
About the program
PCM’s complete a comprehensive development program that ensures they have both the practical and technical skills necessary to successfully manage one of the manufacturing businesses in our portfolio. The program is designed to ensure that all Profit Centre Manager’s have a standard level of knowledge and skills across all areas of business. A comprehensive gap analysis on your skills and knowledge areas at the beginning of the program allows us to focus on strengthening your skillset to meet the needs of the role. You will enhance practical skills on the job with access to mentoring on a daily basis during the paid training period. Upon successfully completing the development program you will then be given discretion to operate the business, leveraging your personal career experience and the skills we have taught you in the program to take the business to the next level.
We consider all applicants on an individual basis as we do not believe in a ‘cookie cutter’ approach to hiring valuable talent. We recognise and would encourage anyone that has the following key attributes to apply:
- The ability and the desire to learn quickly
- Highly motivated to be successful
- Strong problem solving capabilities, including the ability to overcome the technical and practical problems associated with manufacturing
- A high level of dedication and willingness to commit to the the role for the long-term
Preferred Qualifications (not essential):
- Experience in the manufacturing industry
- Undergraduate degree or relevant industry accreditations
- Postgraduate degree such as an MBA
- Oversee the operation of the various business departments and monitor their performance relative to KPI’s
- Report directly to Oceania Equity’s Managing Directors on the performance of the profit centre and take accountability for success and failure in the business
- Resolve various unforeseen ad hoc problems that arise across manufacturing projects
- Identify areas to innovate and increase the companies competitive advantage
How to apply:
Register your interest in the program by sending a copy of your resume and cover letter as one PDF file to [email protected] . If you have any questions that you would like answered prior to applying for the program, please direct them to [email protected].
Your cover letter should include a response to the following 5 questions:
- Why are you interested in the PCM role at Oceania Equity?
- To what extent have you had experience, and do/would you enjoy learning and engaging with SME businesses?
- What separates you from other applicants?
- What is your current, and expected, remuneration?
- Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years’ time?
Once you have submitted you application, a member of the Oceania Equity team will contact you to provide more information on the program and discuss the next steps in the application process.